My friend Liz Kimberlin passed on a list words that supposedly come from the Washington Post’s Mensa Invitational, which invites readers to take any word from the dictionary and alter it by adding, subtracting or changing one letter to produce a new definition. You can find out more about the supposed Mensa contest as well as the complete list of words by clicking here. Following are some of my favorites!
Anyone who has bought a home which is historic (translation way old) or quaint (bordering on small) or has potential (needs renovations) or has watched THE MONEY PIT totally understands this new word:
- Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the
subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
Remember that lounge lizard that hit on you or the high school Lothario? This is what they are best at:
- Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of
Ever wonder how someone spray paints all those apartment houses or overpasses? It’s the work of a Giraffiti artist!
- Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
What’s illness does an old flasher have? (Does anyone even use the word flasher anymore?)
- Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
This one had me ROFLMAO. It was just too funny!!
- Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops
bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows
little sign of breaking down in the near future.
Finally, this one is for all those people still trapped in the Sixties or Bill and Ted! Take your pick.
- Karmageddon: It’s when everybody is sending off all these really
bad vibes, and then the Earth explodes, and it’ s a serious bummer.
Hope these helped your weekend start off with a laugh! Have a great one!