Tagged!! I got tagged by my friend Michelle Swan! So I asked her, What’s a tag and she explained that one blogger tags another who has to answer a number of questions. Then you tag someone else. It’s one way to make blog friends and spread the word about yourself and your friends.
Memes are another way. What’s a meme? Wikipedia explains the origins like this: “The word meme first came into popular use with the publication of Dawkins’s book The Selfish Gene in 1976. Dawkins based the word on a shortening of the Greek “mimeme” (something imitated), making it sound similar to “gene”. Dawkins used the term to refer to any cultural entity that an observer might consider a replicator.”
One of the more popular memes is the Thursday Thirteen, but there are a bunch of others you can join in order to spread your word to other people. Basically, you repeat certain information, questions or ideas on your blog/website according to the rules of that particular meme.
For now, I’m going to answer Michelle’s tag and go tag my friend Irene Peterson!
1. What is your occupation?
Lawyer and writer.
2. What color socks right now?
White (I’m such a geek!)
3. What are you listening to right now?
4. What was the last thing that you ate?
An Oreo Mcflurry.
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
6. If you could be a color what color would you be?
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Yes I do. She is quite an interesting person who always shares lots of fun with me on my blog.
9. Favorite food?
I hope chocolate counts!! (This is Shell’s answer, but why ruin such a perfect answer.)
10. Favorite drink?
Black Cherry Fresca.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch?
12. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Do I have to answer this question? Yes, I have. I’ve actually gone darker for the summer.
I have a totally black cat named Osiris who is crazy! A turtle named Buffy and assorted fish in my pond who are incognito.
14. Favorite Author?
Totally hard one to answer, but I’d have to say Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb. Karen Rose is great also!
15. Last movie you watched?
We are Marshall (I had already seen it, but it was late at night, nothing else was on and I really liked the inspiring tone of the story).
16. Favorite Day of the year?
Christmas Eve. There’s nothing better than getting together with family and sharing this day.
17. What do you do to vent anger?
I try not to get angry in the first place, but when I do, I exercise to work out my anger.
18. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I still have my favorite toy. It’s a rubbery kind of male doll that I brought with me from Cuba. His name is Pepito and he sits on the top edge of my couch with me.
19. What is your favorite time of the year?
I love spring because of the return of life after the dull and cold winter months.
20. Strawberry or Blueberry?
21. Do you want your friends to participate?
Yes, I do, so Irene P., you’re next!!
22. Who is most likely to respond?
23. Who is least likely to respond?
Hadn’t thought beyond tagging Irene.
25. When was the last time you cried?
I’ve been blessed to have a fairly happy life lately, but the last time I cried was several months ago when I dropped off my daughter at college.
26. Who is the friend you had the longest that you are going to tag?
27. Who is the friend you had the shortest that you are going to tag?
28. Favorite smell?
29. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
30. Favorite car?
My Sebring. I always wanted a convertible and bought one several years ago. It’s an awesome car.
31. Favorite Quote or motto?
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
32. Number of keys on your key ring?
At least ten.
33. How many years at your current job?
I can’t tell you because then I’d have to kill you. Let’s just say, too many.
34. Favorite day of the week?
35. How many states have you lived in?
Three — NY, NJ and PA.
36. Which political label most closely reflects your views?
Fiscal conservative, social moderate.
37. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
Broke a finger when I was playing field hockey in high school.
38. What is your favorite book?
Tough one! There are so many, it’s hard to say.
39. What were you doing at 12:00 last night?
Sleeping since I get up at 5 almost every morning.
40. What famous person, dead or alive, would you most like to meet?
Albert Einstein, Rachel Carson, Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Jacques Costeau, Arthur C. Clarke.