There are lots of good and bad things about being a writer, but I like being a positive person and so this morning I’m going to focus on 13 things I love about being a writer.
1. Sharing my stories with people
2. Creating new worlds and characters
3. Meeting new people
4. Sharing what I know with other writers.
5. Talking about favorite books with other writers and readers.
6. Visiting new places for conferences and research
7. Research. I so love learning new things.
8. My editors who help me improve my writing.
9. Attending workshops.
10. Having complete control over my characters (I am such a control freak!)
11. Making new friends with readers and other writers
12. Spending time alone writing.
13. Long walks spent creating new ideas or working through problems.
As you might have noticed, meeting new people and making friends was up there on that list. Sometimes it’s not possible to meet you all in person, but thanks to technology, it is possible to see each other face-to-face!
In the coming weeks I’ll be having some live video interaction with fans and friends and also sharing some of my favorite authors and friends with you. Come join the fun at our very first live video meet and greet TODAY!
I’ll be giving away a $10 gift card, a LOST T-shirt and a couple of cool reusable grocery bags so that you can help to protect the environment. I’ll also be picking some lucky winners to get copies of SOLDIER’S SECRET CHILD and STRONGER THAN SIN!
You can either click here to join the chat today, Thursday, May 5 at 8:30 EST or click on the widget below. Feel free to share the widget with your friends and let them share in the fun and prizes. You can also tweet or share this link: http://t.wbx.me/eemp7