Today’s Thursday 13 is all about my love/hate relationship with rainy days! Especially considering the last week or so we’ve had in the Northeast.
This morning the rain was so bad, the road to the train station was flooded! Hubby had to drop me off a block earlier so I could traipse through rushing waters in my trusty rain boots. I wish I could send just a little bit of the water to all my friends in Texas who need it so badly.
Anyway, here is my attempt at 13 things I love/hate about rainy days. Feel free to help me out with your comments.
1. Love staying home tucked under the covers.
2. Hate having to commute in this mess.
3. Love curling up with a good book and a cup of tea.
4. Hate wet feet. I must be part cat.
5. Love the thunder and lightning.
6. Hate the thunder and lightning when I am out of doors and know it’s more likely I’ll get hit by the lightning than win the Lottery.
7. Love how the rain makes all the plants perk up.
8. Hate how the rain rots out my tomatoes.
9. Love standing beneath a tree after the rain and having the wind shake loose those last little drops.
10. Hate seeing the big trees with too few roots come down in the rain.
11. Love splashing through the puddles in my rain boots.
12. Hate finding out my rain boots are not as waterproof as I thought.
13. Love snuggling with my hubby in the morning, holding hands and listening to the rain hit the roof.
Thank you for dropping by today! Please share your love/hate relationship with rain. Visit more Thursday 13 participants by clicking here.