Every now and then I take stock of myself in the hopes of improving who I am. I sat down last night and considered what things I had learned (or relearned) about myself so here goes:
1. I like helping people because I like people, not because I expect to get something in return.
2. I’m tired of visiting New York as a commuter instead of a visitor.
3. When I see someone who is more successful than I am, I ask myself what I can do to try and be as successful and fight back the green monster of envy. Envy and coveting what others have is never good.
4. I believe success is the reward of hard work.
5. I love writing novellas.
6. I am trying hard not to plan my spontaneity.
7. I am loyal and some people take advantage of that at times, especially at work.
8. I need to learn to be more assertive.
9. I let disappointment interfere with my creative process more than I should.
10. I still hope that one day I can be a full-time writer.
11. I understand that I still have a lot to learn about writing.
12. I wish I knew more about what kind of promotion and publicity works.
13. I’d like to try something radically different this year. Something I have never done before (besides writing erotica, which I’ve discovered is lots and lots of fun!)
What about you? Are there any things you’ve discovered about yourself lately that you’ve been surprised about, upset over or liked?