I can’t believe the RT Book Reviews Conference is just next week! ACK! Where has the time flown? I’ve been in the throes of prepping one costume (for the Gangster-themed ball), swag for attendees and also, swag for those who come by to purchase books. So much to do, so little time.
But here’s my list of 13 things I’ve prepped (or will prep) in time for next week’s conference!
1. Business cards. I have them somewhere in the mess that is my office. I must find them.
2. Recipe cards. Thanks for your advice last week. Many of you expressed an interest in recipe cards and I’ve made a collection of 4, each of them themed to one of my releases. If you’d like to receive a set as well as some other swag, please e-mail your postal address to cpsromance at att dot net. I’ll send them out to you while supplies last.
3. Buttons for THE CLAIMED! I love buttons.
4. Memo boards for keeping track of grocery lists and other important things.
7. Goodies for the NAME THAT VAMPIRE panel at RT.
8. Goodies for an Author Scavenger Hunt at RT.
9. Handouts for the workshop I’ll be doing Wednesday night at the Windy City Romance Writers. I am so looking forward to meeting all of you!
10. Goodies for the booksellers’ gift.
11. Giveaways for the SOS Mixer. This event is always near and dear to my heart as it honors the military men, women and families that sacrifice so much on our behalf. I’ve put together some nice gift bags for them and I hope they like them!
12. Goodies for those readers who pop by to buy some books. I’m thinking a few mouse pads, post-its, posters, and other fun swag.
13. My clothing. Ack. Have only thought about what I’ll wear, although I did start to glitterfy by CLAIMED T-shirt for the big book signing. I just love glitter. Why is that you think?
Anyway, thanks for indulging me as I make my list of these things! There is just so much to keep track of. Like the posters for my table in Promotion Alley. Oh oh. Better double check that list.
If any of you are in the Rosemont/Chicago area, I’d love to see you at the Book Fair on Saturday. It’s open to the public and runs from 10:45 to 2 in the Grand Ballroom of the The Hyatt Regency O’Hare Hotel, 9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue, Rosemont, Illinois, 60018.
One other thing I’ve prepped and have to try, a way to post blogs from my phone. I hope to share with you all the conference happenings as they are ongoing!