We’re very lucky to have with us today Laura Kaye, a friend and fellow author who is sharing her latest release with us. SEDUCED BY THE VAMPIRE is the Nocturne Cravings release mate to NIGHT OF THE COUGAR, my June erotic shapeshifter romance. I’m so loving the purple theme here! It’s such a rich and royal color.
So without further ado, here’s Laura . . .
I’m very excited to be celebrating my newest release, a dark paranormal romance called Seduced by the Vampire King, the second in my new Vampire Warrior Kings series. And I’m particularly excited to be sharing release months (again!) with Caridad—thanks so much for having me here! Seduced by the Vampire King offers a twist on an enemies-to-lovers story by pairing a vampire king who desires only vengeance with a human woman who has fled 5,000 from her home to escape her destiny in the service of vampires.
One of the things I love about Seduced by the Vampire King is the heroine. So here are ten reasons you just might fall in love with heroine Katherine Bordessa:
10. She’s multilingual, something I’m not, so I admire it greatly in others! Kate is fluent in English, French and Russian.
9. She knows what she wants and what she doesn’t want. And when something challenges those, she is open minded enough to consider the new information before she acts on it. A lot of this story is about Kate confronting that she wants something she thought she never would.
8. She keeps a level head in stressful situations. Attacked. Kidnapped. Imprisoned. And yet Kate holds herself together! Love that about her!
7. Kate’s not afraid to stand up to the big, intimidating and powerful men she encounters, despite being hurt and imprisoned. They all begrudgingly admire her for that, too!
6. She takes initiative. When she finds an injured man in a dark driveway in the middle of downtown Moscow, she doesn’t freak out. Instead, she assesses his injuries and calls the authorities. And then, when she realizes that man isn’t, well, a man, she takes charge of that situation, too.
5. Kate has more than her fair share of courage. Whether she’s getting bitten by a vampire, ambushed by a group of vampire warriors, or imprisoned, she handles herself, her emotions, and is always looking for a strategy and solution to her situation. She’s pretty bad ass, actually!
4. More evidence that Kate Bordessa kicks ass: when she finds what she soon realizes is an injured vampire unconscious out in public, Kate acts. First, to hide him. Second, to save him. Third, to defend him against would-be attackers.
3. Kate is selfless, giving and compassionate. Despite her rejection of a future serving vampires, she allows the dying vampire she finds feed from her to save his life. Then, later, she comforts him when he discovers just how bad the bite wound is. She is the perfect balance of standing up for herself and giving to others. And that slays Nikolai!
2. Kate takes such good care of Nikolai. She recognizes right away that he is hurting and grieving, and despite her fear, she offers compassion in return. And it’s exactly what she needs.
1. When the time comes, Kate gives herself over to the bloodlust that will bring her and Nikolai together once and for all. She’s magnificent in her desire for him in that moment, and her desire for his blood totally rocks Nikolai’s world! Don’t you love when a heroine has the power to do that to the hero?
For me, all of these add up to one fierce, kick-ass heroine, and I hope you’ll agree that she’s completely lovable and totally worthy of Nikolai, Warrior King of the Russian Vampires.
Would you like to know more about Kate? Post a question for her or her author lady, and we’d both be happy to chat with you! One commenter will win an ebook of Seduced by the Vampire King!
Thanks for reading!
About Seduced by the Vampire King:
Book 2: Vampire Warrior Kings Series
American exchange student Kate Bordessa has fled to Russia to escape her family’s hopes that she’ll become one of the Proffered, human women who feed and mate with elite vampire warriors. But when she stumbles upon a wounded vampire in the streets of Moscow, she’s instinctively driven to protect him–and feels an undeniable spark of desire.
Grieving over the deaths of his brothers, Vampire Warrior King Nikolai Vasilyev has thrown himself into battling his enemies, focused only on vengeance. Until the attack that brought him to Kate. Their sexual attraction explodes into a night of uncontrolled passion–a night that marks them as mates. Is their connection strong enough to convince them to embrace a destiny neither of them was expecting?
About Laura Kaye:
Voted Breakout Author of the Year in the 2011 GraveTells Readers’ Choice Awards, Laura is the bestselling and award-winning author of over a half-dozen books in paranormal, contemporary and erotic romance. Hearts in Darkness is the EPIC eBook Award Winner for Best Novella and HOLT Medallion Award of Merit Winner for Best Romance Novella, Forever Freed is the NJRW Golden Leaf Winner for Best Paranormal of 2011 and is a finalist for two GDRWA Booksellers’ Best Awards, and North of Need, the first book in the Hearts of the Anemoi series, is a finalist for a FF&P PRISM award, was named GraveTells’ Best Book of 2011 and won their 5-STAR Gold Heart Award, and won Sizzling Hot Read of the Year at Sizzling Hot Books. Laura lives inMaryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of theChesapeake Bay every day.