|SOUTH BEACH CHICAS CATCH THEIR MAN
Genre: Women’s Fiction
Buy it at Amazon
Buy it at Barnes & Noble
- Chicklit RomanceWriters: 9/10. “With a little bit of mystery, a good dose of loving, and a lot of great girl talk, Piñeiro’s South Beach Chicas Catch Their Man is a novel that all chick lit readers will want to add to their collection!”
- Fresh Fiction: “It should be the dream of all women to have friends such as these characters. The relationships between the men and women of this story are passionate and solid. Caridad Piñeiro captures character qualities and weaves them into fresh fabric of paper print, page after wonderful page.”
- Harriet Klausner: “The second South Beach Chicas tale (see SEX AND THE SOUTH BEACH CHICAS) is a terrific South Florida investigative romantic suspense thriller. Sylvia is a superb protagonist as she distrusts Carlos although attracted to him; partly she believes deeply men leave as her father proved, but also thinks he is hiding the truth especially his role in a cop shooting. . . .Caridad Pineiro provides an entertaining chick lit investigative romance.”
- SingleTitles.com: “The stories of Caridad Pineiro always showcase her wide range of abilities. Whether the story is darkly intriguing and features one of her original paranormal beings or concerns topics faced by today’s women, Ms. Pineiro deftly handles the subject and captivates readers with her storytelling ability. When depicting the lives of these four friends, there is often a constant emotional battle to be won or a significant decision to be made, one which will often affect all of their lives in some way. SOUTH BEACH CHICAS CATCH THEIR MAN is mainly about Sylvia and Carlos, and whether they can ever trust their hearts enough to love the other. When these two meet, there are lies between them because of their careers, and afterwards, Sylvia finds herself once again wondering about the real nature of this seemingly charming man. The added mystery surrounding Carlos gives the story even more depth, where the characters get to reveal their true thoughts through genuine reactions. With the past characters being just as delightful as in earlier books, plus the appealing storyline for Sylvia’s mother, there is continuously a situation to rivet the imagination of the reader. SOUTH BEACH CHICAS CATCH THEIR MAN speaks to women everywhere with its powerful story about friendship, where emotion is sincerely portrayed by the unforgettable characters.”
- Romance Reviews Today: “SOUTH BEACH CHICAS CATCH THEIR MAN is chick lit with a healthy dollop of investigative mystery thrown in. These chicas are not simple girls, but well-educated professionals who see no need to humble themselves to anybody. Caridad Piñeiro brings the four friends to life drawing on her own experience as a transplanted Cubana, born in Havana, brought up in the USA. She is an attorney, and her experience brings a welcome touch of realism to her character, Tori. This story is all about Sylvia, the path she treads to understand herself and to learn to trust Carlos to hold her heart with loving care. I really liked the realism with which Sylvia’s work was described, even when she did her society reporting, and her investigative skills rang true. Celebrate the end of summer with an armchair trip to South Beach, Miami, and play with the beautiful people on the beach. Oh, and don’t forget the mojitos!”
- FictionScribe.com:”Even though this was a sequel, I didn’t feel particularly put off during reading it because of that. I, of course, now want to read the first one, but I don’t feel it’s a necessity to do so to enjoy this book. I enjoyed this book a lot not only because . . .it showed five (watch out for Sylvia’s mum!) successful women who built it all themselves and are now enjoying the best out of life. Caridad does well not only exploring the relationships of younger women but also in exploring the relationships of the forty-somethings who society sometimes forgets about in the romantic realm. This book is perfect for a bit of light (and hot!) reading for the last days you can manage to get on the beach this season or during your candlelit baths.”
- Fallen Angel Reviews: “South Beach Chicas Catch Their Man is a tale of friendship, family and finding the trust that dwells within the heart. I loved this book, loved the way Sylvia evolves with each page turned. Her friends are more than friends, they are sisters of her heart. They never fail to support her, especially when she needs it most. Carlos is the perfect hero. Tall, dark and sexy, with a heart that shines through despite Sylvia’s denial of her growing feelings. He is patient, thoughtful and compassionate. Caridad Pineiro has a winner with this book. I loved it and I am sure others will, too. South Beach Chicas Catch Their Man is wild and witty with a generous helping of romance. A truly wonderful book!”
Reporter Sylvia Amenabar loves her vida loca. Just months ago, she and her three best friends—Adriana, Juli, and Tori—were happily single, hoisting mojitos at their weekly get-together. Now, everything’s changed. All four women have sexy men in their lives—and Sylvia’s not sure she likes it that way.
Ever since handsome cop Carlos Ramirez took a bullet for Sylvia after an investigative report went south, she’s been fighting their intensifying attraction. Sure, he’s gorgeous and great in bed—and nearly died for her—but Sylvia has sworn never to let a man be in a position to break her heart that way her father did by abandoning her and her mother.
Besides, who has time for the whole the relationship dance? Sylvia’s got a reputation to maintain as Miami’s hottest new journalist. But when her latest assignment threatens to smear Adriana’s boyfriend, Riley, and too-good-to-be-true Carlos, and her mother is hell-bent on reuniting with her father, Sylvia finds that life and love and family aren’t things you can control!
Reunite with the girls from Sex and the South Beach Chicas in award-winning author Caridad Piñeiro’s
SOUTH BEACH CHICAS CATCH THEIR MAN
“You’ll come home from the hospital with me.” Sylvia said, stunning everyone in the room, including herself.
“With you?” Carlos asked, his look dubious as he tightened his hold on her hand to keep her from retracting the offer.
Sylvia did, in fact, reconsider – for about a millisecond – but then she imagined Carlos in her apartment. Sitting at her table. Sleeping in her bed. Any and all reasons why this might be a bad idea flew out of her head with the last image.