With Christmas just over two weeks away, I am struggling with work and writing deadlines and getting the house ready for Christmas Eve, and yet there is no denying that I am getting in the holiday mood. I love this season with all that it represents – love for each other and sharing that love through the simple things like a hug or a smile. For Christians like me, the celebration of our Lord’s birth and embracing the principles of love and respect for all humans, regardless of race, ethnicity or religion. The important things, you know.
But there are also the little things that bring a smile and lift the heart and so today I am sharing thirteen of those little things that elicit joy in me during this holiday season!
1. Christmas carols. Love to hear them and sing them.
2. The smell of roast pork on Christmas Eve morning.
3. Hot apple cider.
4. Hot chocolate.
5. Christmas lights.
6. Santas. One year we were on a train filled with dozens of Santas on the way to Santacon. What a blast!
7. The Nutcracker. We go to see the ballet every year as part of our holiday tradition.
8. Christmas trees. Love picking one out and decorating it (look for more on this on Fun Friday).
9. Exchanging gifts with friends and family.
10. A child’s face on Christmas morning as it lights up at the presents Santa brought.
11. Watching Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original animated one).
12. Christmas Eve dinner with family and friends.
13. Going to NYC to see the holiday windows, the tree in Rockefeller Center and the pond at Bryant Park.
Hope you enjoyed today’s Thursday Thirteen. I welcome you to share some of your favorite things about the holiday season.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
As a P.S. – This is a photo my Christmas village from a few years back. It’s still in the works this season and I hope to finish it soon!