I’m counting down until the opening of Days, our favorite ice cream place down the shore. This year it reopens for the season on May 6. Can’t wait. Days is Ocean Grove’s oldest continually operating business. It’s been around since 1876 in various locations.
Look for a subtle nod to Days in #2 of the At the Shore Contemporary Romance series.
Those who know me know I am like the Energizer bunny after a double-dose of a triple venti Starbucks coffee. I’m always on the go. So this summer I plan on doing something different: relaxing. Well, at least relaxing as much as I can because I really can’t just get away from it all for a variety of reasons. Still, I am going to do my darn best to plan my spontaneity. LOL!
So this morning’s Thursday 13 is a list of my summer wishes! Feel free to add your summer wish as a comment!
1. Relax. I want to dip my toes in the water and just take it easy.
2. Read more. My TBR pile is looking too much like the Washington Monument.
4. Sell a proposal to Harlequin Desire. I just love these books and so wish I could get back into writing contemporary romances.
6. Hope the new books sell well.
7. Get to the beach more.
8. Take long naps on the beach.
9. Enjoy early morning and evening strolls along the boardwalk.
10. Lose more weight and be healthier (unfortunately that flies in the face of #11).
11. Eat a short shot ice cream at Day’s every weekend night.
13. Try my hand at self-publishing some of my earlier releases and a new story.
Hope you’re having a good spring so far and looking forward to the summer! Feel free to share what you would like to do over the next few months.
You can visit more Thursday 13 participants by clicking here.
Summer Splash Winner!
The winner of the Summer Splash Blog Hop prize is Laura H. Please contact me with your postal address so I can send your prize.
Being a Pisces, you know I’m a water baby and so the Jersey Shore is such a lovely place for me to be. Being near the ocean spurs my creativity in so many positive ways as does soaking up the sun. So here are the 13 things I love about the Jersey Shore.
1. Long strolls along the Boardwalk.Tents down for the Season at Ocean Grove
2. DAYS ice cream. The short shot is the absolute best way to end the day.
3. Sitting beneath an umbrella and watching the ocean.
4. Seeing the little kids playing in the sand and water. Such unabashed joy.
5. Taking a nap beneath my umbrella (something I rarely do the rest of the year).
6. Reading lots and lots of books beneath that umbrella and on my little balcony.
7. The assorted fairs and craft events in all the nearby towns.
8. Fishing. Maybe this year I’ll actually do instead of just watching.
9. Watching the tents go up in Ocean Grove.
10. Listening to music at the Ocean Grove Auditorium.
11. Listening to the music from the Stone Pony in Asbury Park.
12. Looking for shells along the beach. Found lots of sand dollars last year.
13. The Bradley Beach Lobster Festival. Yummy yummy I got lobster in my tummy.
What about you? Are you a Jersey Girl? If so, share your favorite shore things to do.