I love the summer and being to drive down to the Jersey Shore and enjoy being outdoors.
So this morning’s Thursday 13 is a list of my favorite Jersey Shore Things! Feel free to add your some of your favorite things about the Jersey Shore or about the summer!
1. Strolling along the boardwalk and checking out the sights.
2. Checking out street fairs, flea markets and art festivals.
3. 4th of July parades and fireworks.
4. Memorial Day parades and services to honor our military.
5. Sitting on the beach and reading.
6. Fishing! I have got to break out that fishing pole.
7. Exploring the various towns and seeing their unique styles.
8. Long bike rides along Ocean Avenue.
9. Surfer dudes. They are so sexy.
10. Eating ice cream at Day’s in Ocean Grove or Kohr’s frozen custard along the boardwalk.
11. $10.00 lobster specials! Yum, love lobster.
12. Shopping at the outlets.
13. Lucy the Elephant!
Hope you’re having a good summer so far! Feel free to share your favorite things with us today!
You can visit more Thursday 13 participants by clicking here.
I think you all know by now based on the locations for SINS OF THE FLESH and STRONGER THAN SIN that I love being down the Jersey Shore. There is something about being close to the water that just does my Piscean soul a world of wonder, plus there’s the laid back pace. So different from my everyday hustle and bustle when I go to work in Manhattan.
That’s why I’m looking forward to a long weekend at the shore and I thought I would share five things to do down the shore on this Friday Five!
1. Ride a wave, whether with a surf board, boogie board or a teeth-rattling body surf (conditions permitting of course).
2. Spread your blanket beneath the stars and just lay back and enjoy the peace and quiet. Do it on the 4th of July and experience the excitement and wonder of some amazing fireworks.
3. Stroll along the boardwalk and catch the sights. My favorite strip is from the Paramount Theater in Asbury Park down to the Shark River in Belmar, just a few miles of a nice mix of different towns.
4. Satisfy your hunger with a Windmill hot dog loaded with the works.
5. Work off that hot dog with a walk through Ocean Grove and stop for an ice cream at either Days or Nagles, or head to Bradley Beach for ice cream at Beach Plum or an amazing freshly-filled cannoli at Del Ponte’s Bakery.
Hope you all have a marvelous and blessed Labor Day Weekend.