I think you all know by now based on the locations for SINS OF THE FLESH and STRONGER THAN SIN that I love being down the Jersey Shore. There is something about being close to the water that just does my Piscean soul a world of wonder, plus there’s the laid back pace. So different from my everyday hustle and bustle when I go to work in Manhattan.
That’s why I’m looking forward to a long weekend at the shore and I thought I would share five things to do down the shore on this Friday Five!
1. Ride a wave, whether with a surf board, boogie board or a teeth-rattling body surf (conditions permitting of course).
2. Spread your blanket beneath the stars and just lay back and enjoy the peace and quiet. Do it on the 4th of July and experience the excitement and wonder of some amazing fireworks.
3. Stroll along the boardwalk and catch the sights. My favorite strip is from the Paramount Theater in Asbury Park down to the Shark River in Belmar, just a few miles of a nice mix of different towns.
4. Satisfy your hunger with a Windmill hot dog loaded with the works.
5. Work off that hot dog with a walk through Ocean Grove and stop for an ice cream at either Days or Nagles, or head to Bradley Beach for ice cream at Beach Plum or an amazing freshly-filled cannoli at Del Ponte’s Bakery.
Hope you all have a marvelous and blessed Labor Day Weekend.