There is nothing more that I like to do than to go Down the Shore as the Jersey folk say. (The real Jersey folk and not Gym/Tan/Laundry crowd from that show that will remain nameless). Being down the shore is so relaxing and stimulates my creative juices. I get a mess of writing done whenever I am there.
So today I am sharing with you those things that I love to do Down the Shore. The real Jersey Shore.
1. Walk along the boardwalk from Avon-by-the-Sea up to Asbury Park. Each town along the way – Avon, Bradley Beach, Ocean Grove and Asbury – has a unique flavor and peaceful surroundings.
2. Grab a lobster dinner at the Columns in Avon. The views of the ocean are great and the food is good.
3. Grab a book and a beach chair and relax in Bradley Beach. Much less crowded than at other beaches and totally family friendly.
4. Go for a bike ride along Ocean Avenue. We’ve gone as far as Long Branch and it’s a fun ride with views of the ocean and some really amazing homes.
5. Lunch at Windmill Hot Dogs. Yum.
6. Browse the many interesting shops along Ocean Grove’s Main Avenue.
7. Explore Ocean Grove’s amazing Victorians and the totally unique tent city.
8. Hit Asbury Park’s Convention Center, Paramount Theatre, WunderBar or Stone Pony for some music or the Jersey Shore Roller Girls.
9. Get some tomato pie from Vic’s or Pete and Elda’s.
10. Get a cannoli from Del Ponte’s in Bradley Beach.
11. Take in a movie at the Palace Theatre Beach Cinema, an eighty year old landmark in Bradley Beach.
12. Visit the library for one of their books, art shows, workshops or community events.
13. Stop and listen to the Pavilion Praise on the Ocean Grove boardwalk on Sunday mornings. No matter what your religious bent, you will feel the positive vibes with the melding of faith and nature on a glorious summer morning.
Hope you enjoyed today’s Thursday Thirteen. I welcome you to add any of your suggestions for what you like to do Down the Shore in the comments section.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants