We’re doing a little switching up today! I’ve got my friend Mina Khan visiting today and sharing her wonderful new release and I’m visiting The Naked Hero to talk about Rey Peralta from AMAZON AWAKENING!
So please switch it up by dropping by The Naked Hero to visit with me and by checking out Mina’s wish list for Christmas!
How About A Genie for Christmas?
I think a djinn or genie would be the perfect Christmas gift! Of course, I’m biased as I wrote about a sexy djinn assassin – Rukh O’Shay– in my recent paranormal romance release, THE DJINN’S DILEMMA.
But think about it…
- 1. A genie can grant wishes and is a present that can keep on giving. Some, like Rukh, can grant your heart’s most hidden desires.
2. A genie can take anywhere around the world, without the hassles of security, passport or cramped seats in airplanes, trains or vehicles. Rukh can melt into shadows and fly through the ethereal plane.
3. A powerful genie can protect you from the bad guys.
4. They can appear an instant! Rukh surprised the heroine in the shower, and he can be on your eReader with one click!
5. I don’t know about other genies, but Rukh tastes like dark chocolate. A sexy djinn is just what you’d want to heat up cold winter nights.
How hot is how?
Here’s an excerpt to give you a taste!
- Oh heaven and hell, stop with the tears. Given the day Sarah had just had, the tears were logical. But watching her face crumple, hearing the gut-deep harsh sobs, filled Rukh with an irrational need to pull her into his arms, wrap her in a hug.
As soon as the urge had gelled into conscious thought, his essence hardened into visibility and his arms slid up around her shivering, wet body.
Sarah’s eyes popped open and she staggered back with a yell.
His arms tightened around her, steadying her, keeping her close. Well, shit. At least, she’d stopped crying.
Fear-bright green eyes stared at him instead.
Given he was an assassin, sent to kill her, her response was natural, even intelligent. Yet, bitterness churned in his gut at the thought of her fearing him. “It’s okay,” he whispered. “You’re safe.”
“Am I hallucinating?” Her question came out as a croak.
“Yes, yes you are.” That seemed a much better answer than the truth.
She pinned him with her dark, direct gaze. “You’re just a figment of my imagination. A fantasy?”
“Yes.” He didn’t dare move.
“Then why are you still wearing clothes?”
He made the clothes disappear and stood there as naked as her. Skin against skin, the heat from her body melted into his. Warm water washed over them like rain.
So in the spirit of the season…
Genie bells, genie bells
Genie all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
A Genie all daaaaay! 🙂
The Djinn’s Dilemma Book Blurb:
Rukh O’Shay, half-djinn and assassin, is used to taking out the bad guys. But his latest assignment, Texas Journalist Sarah White, is nothing like he expected. A glimpse of her bright aura reveals her gentle spirit, while her beauty makes him long for only one thing—to taste her.
Sarah shares the raw desire to connect with Rukh. He can turn her on with a glance, and satisfies needs she didn’t even know she had.
But Rukh had been hired to kill her—and the only way to save her is to find out who wants her dead before someone else finishes the job….
Mina Khan is a Texas-based writer and food enthusiast. She daydreams of hunky paranormal heroes, magic, mayhem and mischief and writes them down as stories. Between stories, she teaches culinary classes and writes for her local newspaper. Other than that, she’s raising a family of two children, two cats, two dogs and a husband.
She grew up in Bangladesh on stories of djinns, ghosts and monsters. These childhood fancies now color her fiction.
You can find Mina at: