It’s that time of year when a young woman’s mind turns to thoughts of sexy men in tight baseball uniforms! LOL! Yes, it’s baseball season and my Mets are at .500. Hoping for that and more this year!
Today’s Man Candy is one of the boys of summer: Grady Sizemore. Grady started his MLB career for the Cleveland Indians, but was signed by the Phillies for the 2015 season. Grady is a three-time All-Star choice, has won two Golden Gloves, and a Silver Slugger award.
What do you think? Isn’t he a cutie?
Photo Credit: By cropped and color balanced by KV5 (Talk • Phils)TorynHill (Original version)Killervogel5 (Crop) [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons
It’s the day I’ve been waiting months for: OPENING DAY!
It’s a rainy one here in NY/NJ, so I’m hoping my Mets will be able to get the game in, but I doubt it.
But because it’s that special day, there is only one choice for today’s #ManCandyMonday! DAVID WRIGHT.
I love David. I love his work ethic and leadership. I love his boyishness, totally evident in this shot from 2007 Spring Training with his cap all askew. I love that he loves baseball. You can see that his whole heart is in the game.
Photo Credit: Wknight94@enwikipedia.com
My daughter loves him as well! Take a peek!
On today’s Thursday 13, I want to invite you to take a visit to my fellow author India Drummond who is hosting me today as I blog about the powers of observation and setting a scene. Keeping in line with that, I thought I’d give you a list of the 13 things that I love about spring (not that it’s arrived here yet in the cold Northeast!)
1. Colorful crocuses peeking their heads out of the soil.
2. Golden daffodils.
3. Spring green bursting from leaf buds.
4. Soft pink of my Japanese weeping cherry tree.
5. The smell of freshly mowed spring grass.
6. The bite of wild onions mowed along with the grass.
7. First gurgle of the pond as I start up the pump.
8. Goldfish soaking up the sun.
9. Chatter of birds in the trees.
10. Sun, warm on my face.
11. Splashing through rain puddles.
12. Crisp breeze coming off the ocean.
13. The smack of the ball on the bat! It’s Opening Day!
Thanks for dropping by and don’t forget to visit me over at India’s blog. On this very last day of March and my month long birthday bash, I’m offering up a copy of AZTEC GOLD for one lucky person who leaves a comment on India’s blog by midnight EST.