I’ve been blessed to have the opportunity to visit a number of cities in the United States, so today I am sharing some of my favorites with you.
1. New York City. My hometown is my favorite hands down. There are so many unique things to see and even after living there virtually my entire life, there is still so much I have yet to explore!
2. Philadelphia. A beautiful town with a great city center and filled with history, arts, amazing museums and food!
3. Boston. Another city filled with history, museums and food. For those who love to walk, doing the Freedom Trial is an inspiring way to relive America’s past.
4. Miami. What can I say? The Cubanita in me loves the Art Deco sights of South Beach and dropping by Versailles and La Carreta in Little Havana.
5. Baltimore. The Inner Harbor is a great place to relax. Drop by the amazing Barnes & Noble in the Power Plant. Visit the Science Center or National Aquarium as well as the Inner Harbor shops, Fells Point and Fort McHenry where the Star Spangled Banner was born.
6. San Diego. OMG, what a great place, especially on the 4th of July. For those who love fireworks, park yourself on the sand in Mission Bay to watch shows for several hours from a number of nearby areas.
7. Santa Barbara. A gorgeous coastal town with a mission that is not to be missed.
8. New Orleans. For a town with a diverse mix of cultures and amazing food, this is the place for you.
9. Chicago. Beautiful architecture and a vibrant urban scene make this a great city to explore.
10. Orlando. Disney, Sea World, Universal and lots of other attractions make this a fun place to visit.
11. Washington, D.C. History, monuments, cherry trees and nearby Arlington make this a great place to visit and immerse yourself in American history.
12. Las Vegas. So much to do without ever spending a penny gambling. Amazing shows, good food, spas, themed casinos and the nearby Red Rock Canyon make this a must visit location.
13. Atlantic City. It’s no Las Vegas, but of course Las Vegas doesn’t have the wonderful Jersey Shore right outside its casinos. Definitely worth it.
Hope you enjoyed today’s Thursday Thirteen. I welcome you to add any of your favorite U.S. cities in the comments section.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!