It’s been a long time since I’ve done a Thursday 13, so I thought it was about time to take a moment and reflect on the upcoming holiday season and share some thoughts with you!
1. Family and friends, and not things, are what matter most.
2. I am blessed to have a wonderful daughter. I just wish she was neater.
3. My husband is loving and supportive.
4. I know there are people always better off than me, but also worse off than me so I will not let envy guide what I do.
5. I am grateful for all the friends I have made thanks to my writing. You all bring me immense joy.
6. I want to help others this holiday season with the desire that they will find hope if they are down.
7. Let me find my love of snow once again. It’s so pretty and so much fun, but slogging to work in it isn’t.
8. Let it not be too cold this winter. Brrrr… I was not meant for the cold.
9. I will try to focus on what I can do to make things better for my family and friends.
10. I will try to be optimistic. I’ve lost that optimism in the last four years and it hasn’t been pretty.
11. I will focus on small acts to accomplish my goals rather than big intentions that don’t get fulfilled.
12. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be filled with fun, food, family and friends.
13. I wish for…
I’ve left the last one blank, in part because I could have kept going about all that I could wish for myself and others for this holiday season. Mostly, I wish for each and every one one of you to have peace and love and happiness!
What are some of your thoughts, wishes and hopes for the upcoming holiday season?
Click here to visit more Thursday-13 participants!