We’ve got a blizzard going today. Unfortunately, that means no Philadelphia Flower Show for me this year as I was supposed to be going today. So sad. I was really looking forward to the show. The theme was Holland this year and I absolutely love bulbs like daffodils, tulips, hyacinths and more!
Instead I will be shoveling and here are some tips for you to stay safe if you’re experiencing winter snow as well.
- Keep the loads light and try to push instead of lift.
- If you have to lift, do so with your knees and not your back.
- Keep your shoveling intervals short, no more than ten minutes at a time if you can.
- Dress appropriately! Hat, scarves, gloves and good boots to stay warm.
- Listen to your body and stop if you are feeling short of breath or dizzy.
And now, a photo of my snowy view this morning!
P.S. – I’m working on a new look for the website. Would love to hear what you think about it!