I love doing workshops and discussions about writing. It’s great to get out there and meet fellow writers and to hopefully help someone with their work. I know that over the years I’ve learned a lot from others and by posting these articles, I hope you may learn something as well.
I’ve also found some articles from friends and others enlightening and have listed links to them as well. I’ve noted the authors on these articles and unless so noted, the article is one I’ve written and am sharing you from my personal files.
If there’s any topic in which you are interested but I haven’t covered, feel free to drop me a line. If I can’t do an article on it, I’ll see if one of my writing friends can provide some guidance.
Articles on Writing
- The Amazon Addiction – a discussion of Caridad’s experience with the Amazon Numbers
Crowdhacking: 10 Simple Ways Authors Can Help to Increase Sales at Amazon.com by Chris Webb
Cracking Amazon.com’s Best-Seller List by The Numbers Guy, Carl Bialik
Chat with Agent Caren Johnson
- Chat Part 1
Chat Part 2
Chat Part 3 – Historical Romance
Chat Part 4 – Relationships with Editors
Chat Part 5
Chat with Harlequin Editor Stacy Boyd
- Chat Part 1 – In the beginning
Chat Part 2 – Picking a Book out of the Pile
Chat Part 3 – A day in the life of an editor
Chat Part 4 – Q&A
Chat Part 5 – The Final Q&A
Chat with Editorial Consultant Marcela Landres
Marketing Timeline for Authors
Query Dos and Don’ts by Lois Winston
Overcoming Writer’s Block by Maureen Fisher
Want to know just how much you can make by writing Romance? Show me the Money! by Brenda Hiatt, courtesy of Karen Fox. Thanks to my friend Gretchen for providing this link!
What is POV and How Do I Get One? by Judi Fennell
Writing Great Blurbs with Mayra Calvani
Writing without a Net by Lynn Voedisch
Tips for Writers by Sydney Molare
SEO Tips: Increase Page Rank By Revitalizing Your Old Posts by Lorelle VanFossen
BEGINNER MISTAKES PART 1: CHARACTERS AND PERFECTION, NOT PERFECT TOGETHER – EXPERT ADVICE ARTICLES BY LESLIE WAINGER, Printed in Romantic Times BOOKclub Magazine
Brainy, Butt-Kicking and Beautiful – Creating Empowered Heroines
What’s in a Name?
- Writer’s Powers of Observation
He Said, She Said and Other Effective Elements of Dialogue Part 1
He Said, She Said and Other Effective Elements of Dialogue Part 2
Mix One Part Mystery, One Part Action and How Many Parts Passion?
The Girl’s Got Bite (and humor to go with it) – Tips on Humor by Marta Acosta
Big enough? The leap from Series to Single Title by Kristin Nelson
Worldbuilding for Science Fiction, Fantasy and Paranormal Writers
Psychic Treats by Rayna Vause
- How do you lure customers to your blog? by Dorothy Thompson
Networking – A primer
Does a Writer’s Organization Have Value? by W. Terry Whalin
Join a Critique Group to Get Your Writing Moving by W. Terry Whalin
Why a Writer’s Conference is Important by W. Terry Whalin
How to Stay Sane and Network — Tips for Networking
Creating a Compelling Plot Using The Hero’s Journey Part 1
The Hero’s Journey Part 2
The Hero’s Journey Part 3
The Hero’s Journey Part 4
- How You Can Double Your Profits with Free Press Releases by Dorothy Thompson, PumpUpYourBookPromotion.com
- Creating a Rotating Banner
Don’t Forget the Content by Vibeke Courtney at romancingtheblog.com
I’m on the Web, Therefore I am
Top 10 Bookseller Peeves about Author’s Websites by Bookseller Jolie at Dearauthor.com
Tech for Free, Sites to help a writer keep the costs down
Top 10 Tips for Book Titles that Sell Well By Judy Cullins
Titles (and subtitles) Sell Books! by Inktree Limited
Additional Writing, Tech and Promo Tips from Caridad
- #TuesdayTip Letting the Characters Lead the Way
- #WriteWed My Writing Process & #Contest
- 5 Tips for Getting Past Writer’s Block #WriteWed
- Advice for Writers by Paranormal Romance Author India Drummond
- Alleviating the demands of Social Media Promotion
- Amy Corwin Dishes on Writing Paranormal Romance
- Brainy, Butt-Kicking & Beautiful!
- Building an Effective Web Presence Part 1
- Building an Effective Web Presence Part 2
- Building An Effective Web Presence Part 3
- Building an Effective Web Presence Part 4
- Building an Internet Presence
- Characters are Plot
- Creating a Facebook Landing/Splash Page
- Creating a Rotating Banner
- Digital Publishing and Your Writer’s Rights
- Filling the Well #WriteWed
- From Strippers to Suspense
- Guest Blogging
- Guest Blogs and more contests!
- How to Stay Sane and Network
- How to Write a Page Turner by Elaine Cantrell
- I’m on the Web, Therefore I Am
- Improving Visibility on the Internet
- Increasing Backlinks to Increase Website Traffic
- Keeping Journals
- Kiss Me, Kill Me – Holiday Distractions
- Kiss Me, Kill Me – Plum Island
- Kiss Me, Kill Me Tuesday – A Writer’s Inspiration
- Kiss Me, Kill Me Tuesday – Parachute Jumps and Chuck
- Kiss Me, Kill Me Tuesday – Revisions
- Making It All Fit by Wendy Ely #Writetip #AmWriting
- Marketing for Writers
- My Writer’s Journey Part 1 #Amwriting
- My Writer’s Journey Part 2 #amwriting
- Networking – The Day After the Conference Tips
- Networking – We are Family . . .
- Networking and Getting Out and About
- News Alerts
- Overcoming Writer’s Block by Maureen Fisher
- Plotting Your Novel
- Promo in the Trenches
- Promo or Perish!
- Promoting Yourself Using Social Bookmarking
- Publishing Definitions
- Show, Don’t Tell
- Stopping Your Internal Editor
- Tagged, Memes and other Blog Fun!
- Tech for free!
- Technology day! RSS Feeds
- The Character Driven Life #WriteWed
- The Dreaded Info Dump
- The Importance of Backups
- The POV Camera
- The Writing Blizzard #WisdomWednesday
- Thursday 13 – Breaking Writer’s Block
- Thursday 13 – Conference Tips!
- Time Management
- To Tweet or not to Tweet . . .
- Tuesday Tip – Finding Your Creative Center
- Using Google and Yahoo Alerts
- Web Widgets
- Website Design KISS
- What to do in-between books?
- What’s in a name?
- When the Going Gets Tough by Mary Kennedy
- Write Until It Hurts by Gary Morgenstein
- Writer’s Block
- Writing Action Scenes!
- Writing Articles to Create Website Traffic
- Writing Contests
- Writing Goals
- Writing Great Blurbs with Mayra Calvani
- Writing Without a Net