I have been on a major J.D. Robb-fest, trying to catch up on all the books I haven’t read so that I can get to my — SQUEEE — autographed copy of FROM NEW YORK TO DALLAS!! I’ve only got about 6 books to go and to be honest, I’m not sure I can wait that long. As it is, I’ve been reading them out of order due to time constraints and so I may just do the same with FROM NEW YORK TO DALLAS. Of course, I’m also tempted that once I do that, I’ll start reading the series all over again in order from book one which when reread rather recently was just as good as I remembered.
Anyway, that’s why today’s Thursday 13 is an In-Death Fest where I’m sharing the 13 characters and/or things that I love about the series in no particular order.
1. Eve Dallas. Was there ever a more perfect heroine.
2. Roarke. OMG. Can’t say much more. He melts my bones.
3. Peabody. Love her as a sidekick. Just too awesome.
4. McNab. His outfits are burned into my retinas.
5. Feeney. Great father figure.
6. Mira. As a substitute mom, she’s the best.
7. The candy thief. I’m convinced it’s Roarke. There is a scene in CONSPIRACY IN DEATH where the candy bar disappears with only Roarke nearby and he chides her about eating better. In TREACHERY IN DEATH, Eve discovers her stash missing and Roarke admits just seconds later that he had broken into her office. Hmm. Too much coincidence for me.
8. The love scenes. Soooo soooo hot and romantic.
9. The murder cases. After an overload of crime-type stories on TV, it’s amazing that these are still interesting.
10. The world of the NYPSD and Eve’s men and women. Little by little you’ve gotten to know each one and have seen them grow.
11. NYC in the future with its glide carts and soy dogs. So can related to my favoritest city.
12. Mavis. What an interesting and outrageous best friend.
13. Eve’s fear of anything feminine. I can so relate.
Hope you enjoyed today’s Thursday 13. If you’re familiar with the IN DEATH series, please add your own favorite moments.
As for the blog tours, I’ve got two – count them two – coming up in October.
Join me at various sites (list will be up tomorrow!) for the ENTIRE month of October as we chat about THE LOST and share lots of fun things about the book and about me! Leave a comment on any of the blogs for a chance to win a $10 Gift card, a LOST T-shirt and a copy of STRONGER THAN SIN. The more comments you leave, the greater the likelihood of winning.
Starting October 17, all four authors in the anthology A VAMPIRE FOR CHRISTMAS are going on a mini blog tour! At each stop on the #VampXmas tour, Michele Hauf, Laurie London, Alexis Morgan and I will be answering questions about our novellas and giving away cool swag, including a signed copy of A VAMPIRE FOR CHRISTMAS, one of our other books and an ornament. Please join us.
Here’s the mini-blog tour schedule:
Feel free to post either of these buttons on Facebook and/or your blog to help spread the word. It’s always more fun when there are a lot of people.